California Alternative Rates For Water (CARW)
Low-Income Water Rate Information
The California Alternative Rates for Water (CARW) Program offers income-qualified customers a discount on their water bill. If your household qualifies for a discount on your energy bill under the electric or gas CARE you may also qualify for a discount on your water bill. To apply for the CARW Program at your residence, please fill out and submit this application by hand-delivering, mailing or emailing a scanned copy to the water company. You may receive the discount on your next bill after the water company receives, verifies and approves your completed and signed application. If your application and proof of eligibility is not approved, you will receive a letter from the water company explaining the reason for the denial. If you need help filling out the application, or would like more information about the program, call 1-909-822-2201 or visit one of our local office.
CARW Application Forms
(From June 1, 2022 to May 31, 2023)
|Number of Persons
Living in My Home
|Total Combined Income
From ALL Sources
|For each additional person, add $9,440|
What are the qualifications?
- Residential customer and receive water service through a 1″ or smaller water meter.
- The water utility bill is in applicant’s name.
- Applicant must provide verification of my household income if requested. Presentation of a utility bill (electric or gas showing participation in their rate discount program) is acceptable verification of household income requirement.
- Applicant may not be claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return.
- Applicant or someone in the household participates in a qualifying Public Assistance Program or total annual income cannot exceed the amount shown on the above chart. Total income means the total combined gross household income of all persons living in my home.
- Applicant must re-apply each time I move.
- Applicant must renew my application every two years, or sooner, if requested.
- Applicant must notify the utility within 30 days after becoming ineligible the CARW program.