News & Issues
Good News for Ratepayers
1. Starting in November, your water bill will include a reduction in water rates because on November 9, 2012 Fontana Water Company petitioned the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) to lower customer water rates by about 16%.
This rate decrease was made possible because:
- Fontana Water Company was able to divert and treat far more than average quantities of low-cost Lytle Creek surface water through its upgraded Sandhill Surface Water Treatment Plant.
- Fontana Water Company was able to make an all cash, spot purchase of 20,000 acre-feet of water for Chino Basin groundwater replenishment available on a one-time basis at a deep discount to the prevailing rates of Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.
- Fontana Water Company was able to enter into favorable water leases from nearby cities that had temporary surpluses.
The rate decrease became effective on November 9 and these lower water costs are in your current bill.
2. Working with the City of Fontana, Fontana Water Company received CPUC approval to build a recycled water system. We recently broke ground on this facility and when it is complete, it will be able to deliver up to 1,700 acre-feet of treated recycled water per year to irrigate parks and landscaping instead of using precious drinking water supplies. Fontana Water Company customers will benefit from substantial cost savings because using recycled water reduces the need to purchase higher cost drinking water supplies.
3. We are continuing to work with the leadership of the City of Fontana to find ways to ensure a reliable, long-term supply of water for our community as well as stabilize and, whenever possible, lower the rates for all Fontana Water Company customers.
NOTICE OF EVIDENTIARY HEARINGS
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) has scheduled Evidentiary Hearings for Fontana Water Company regarding Application No. 12-05-002, hearings will begin on Monday, October 29, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. and continuing through November 2, if necessary.
Fontana Water Company is offering Water Wise Gardening Classes to inform its customers how to use water more efficiently in landscapes, yet still keep their yards looking beautiful and healthy. Please see Gardening Workshop flyer for more details.
Our offices will close on Monday May 27, 2013 in observance of Memorial day
In case of an emergency call (909) 428 - 8746
The Cost of Capital Proposed Rate Increase
City of Fontana, Fontana Water Company Officials Team Up to Seek Federal Support to Solve Groundwater Contamination in Fontana
Fontana Mayor Acquanetta Warren joined officials from Fontana Water Company in Washington, D.C., to seek more federal support in dealing with the massive perchlorate contamination of local underground water supplies in Fontana.
See News Release and Photo
2010 Update of the Urban Water Management Plan
In conformance with the California Urban Water Management Planning Act, Fontana Water Company ("Company") held a public hearing for adoption of its 2010 update of the Urban Water Management Plan ("Plan") at 2:00 p.m., June 29, 2010, in the Company's Office located at 15966 Arrow Route, Fontana, California. The Company's Board of Directors adopted the Plan on July 5, 2011, as of July 1, 2011.
The Plan may be viewed online here.
Come discover how easy it is to design a beautiful landscape that uses less water and resources. Fontana Water Company is providing two new FREE Gardening Classes - Garden Design Concepts and Drought Tolerant Plants. Fontana Water Company is offering the gardening workshops Free to its customers. Please register space is limited. Please Call (909) 822-2201 to register for this event.
California Public Utilities Commission
2010 Water Action Plan
Fontana Water Company supports the Public Utilities Commission's Water Action Plan. This document outlines ways to maintain water quality, strengthen water conservation efforts, assist low-income customers, and set rates that balance investment, conservation, and affordability.
Conservation Rebate Information:
Please visit bewaterwise.com for rebate information on water saving devices.
Fontana Water Company is offering free gardening workshops, see Gardening Workshop flyer for details
View Larger Map
Saving water helps everyone. Find out how you can save water in and around your home and business.
Water News Summer 2009
Noticias Sobre El Agua Verano 2009
The California Public Utilities Commission directed San Gabriel Valley Water Company, and other Commission regulated water utilities, to implement tiered water conservation rates for its residential customer, effective July 1, 2010.